Monday 31 October 2011

Trick or Treat

Unfortunately for us (well, me really!) the Halloween party wasn't going to happen so all thoughts of a mini Beetlejuice costume have been put on the back burner until next year! But that wasn't going to stop me entering the festive spirit.

We have been growing pumpkins on the allotment specially for today, and although it's been a pretty bad season for most of our vegetables we were able to harvest three lovely bright orange ones!


I wasn't sure how scary would be too scary for Wiss so I admit that my carving was a little tame, but I think the use of green LEDs really help create a spooky atmosphere.


I'm planning on using the scooped flesh to make Rosemary and Pumpkin Muffins, and Spiced Pumpkin Soup. Yum yum! I love the changing seasons and nothing beats comfort food on a crisp, cold day. I hope you've had a Happy Halloween too, and I'll leave you with Wiss's scary face.......Be prepared to be terrified. Aaaaaarrrrgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking time out to leave comments. I will always try to respond to any messages so please, let me know what you are thinking...