Sunday 6 April 2014

Big Fish Little Fish

We are always on the look out for new fun things to do as a family so when I read about 'Big Fish Little Fish' I thought it sounded right up our street. In their own words "Big Fish Little Fish is a brand new, creative and exciting music and dance party for the post-rave generation of parents and kids: all the fun and freedom of a mini festival, right in the heart of Brixton, Crouch End, Balham……"

We went along to the Bedford in Balham today for a spot of daytime clubbing. It's a huge pub and has loads of space for all the activities - a big dance floor with an overlooking balcony, and upstairs there's a large room for craft activities and a separate chill out rooms for toddlers and non-walkers.









It was really funny going 'clubbing' with a 4 year old - a strange clash of our previous lives with our current ones - but we all really enjoyed ourselves. Wiss liked the upstairs rooms a bit more but we all managed a dance on the stage, hands up in the air!

If I'm honest, I found the music a little bit hard to dance to (& I don't think/hope I've not just lost my edge!) The tracks were pretty obscure - I guess we were expecting more classic 'tunes' & floor fillers - but everyone was having fun. Glow sticks in the air!

Check out the Big Fish Little Fish website to see future dates for more parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking time out to leave comments. I will always try to respond to any messages so please, let me know what you are thinking...