Sunday 15 July 2012

Handmade Toys and Other Essentials....in Balham!

Next Sunday I will be taking part in another Balham Craft Fair at the fantastic Balham Bowls Club. I blogged about the first fair back in March here and I am really pleased that it looks like this will be a regular feature on the craft calendar.
The Balham Bowls Club (BBC) really is a gem of a pub - just look at their website to see the whole range of gloriously quirky events they hold. It has a great 'local' feel and I love the casual and original decor - this is definitely not a run-of-the-mill establishment. The craft fair will be in the upstairs room as before - it has great light and room to sit and enjoy a drink and cake as well as perusing the handmade goods on offer.
Image from the BBC website
For those of you planning to attend with babies in buggies, there is a flight of stairs but a member of staff will be happy to help you and your little one up. There are comfy seats a plenty and space for you to move around in comfort - I know how difficult it can be to visit fairs and markets with a child.

I will be selling all the usual This is Wiss products - including waterproof bags and changing mats sets, bobby horses, flannel monsters - but also I will be showcasing some new products. Continuing from my brush with fame this month (did I mention I was in Mollie Makes?!) I will be selling my soft squishy dice in three fab new colours. These can be custom ordered to spell out a name (as long as it's 6 letters or less!)
I wanted to have some more products suitable for toddlers rather than just babies. I have had many favorable comments about the moustache t-shirt I made for Wiss back in October and been asked to make more for other children, so I will be bringing a range of these in various colours with me to the BBC on Sunday. I don't really like making things that are obviously gender-specific so it will be moustaches for the girls too!

I've also been experimenting with upcycling t-shirts and making them into bandanna-style dribble bibs. These reversible neckerchiefs have jersey on one side and thin soft terry on the other for extra absorbency. They have adjustable popper fastenings and will be made in the characteristic This is Wiss style (think bright colours!)

I am really looking forward to this event and would love to see some of you on Sunday - fingers crossed for some good weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking time out to leave comments. I will always try to respond to any messages so please, let me know what you are thinking...