Wednesday 30 July 2014

Ta Da! Kids Clothes Week: Summer


kid's clothes week

Last week was the Kids Clothes Week summer challenge, organised by the fantastic Elsie Marley. KCW has been running for a few years now and the idea is you spend an hour a day, for one week making some kids clothes. Hundreds of people all across the world join in and the website and flikr pages are full of inspiring photos of what's been made, as well as ideas for you to try yourself.

I really look forward to this challenge as it's (usually) so achievable as kids clothes are much quicker to make and it's loads of fun, as well as being a practical way to top up your little ones wardrobe. (You can see my previous KCW posts here, here, here and here...)

I had BIG plans this time, especially as I could make baby clothes as well as items for Wiss. But unfortunately I underestimated the energy-zapping powers of 30 degree heat and being heavily pregnant! But I did manage to make these beauties...


Both are made from gorgeous red & white striped seersucker fabric which is just perfect for summer (and I couldn't resist them being matched!)

The baby trousers on the left are from the Oliver & S Baby Layette Pattern pack. I can't wait to make the whole set for our new arrival, and these trousers were really quick to run up so I'm sure there will be a few more pairs.

Wiss's shorts on the right are made using the Clean Slate Pants pattern from Blank Slate. I have made loads of these before and can highly recommend the pattern. There are 3 lengths for trousers, capris or shorts, plus pocket options and a choice of elasticated waist or a zip fly.

I like to add these great labels to the clothes I make for Wiss, and now the new little one too. I got them from Etsy and they finish off a garment perfectly. Nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet after all!


Did you join in KCW this season? If so, point me in the direction of your photos. I'd love to see what you made. The next challenge is for Autumn so look out for it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking time out to leave comments. I will always try to respond to any messages so please, let me know what you are thinking...